When experience and expertise matter... Get Connected!
Settled in a thriving aerospace sector of Mobile, Alabama – Connected Aero is co-located at Mobile Aeroplex alongside Airbus FAL (A321, A320, & A220), Airbus NA Engineering, VT Aerospace, and Continental Aerospace Technologies. Mobile is a hotbed of aviation talent with an established industry network and local government charter to promote aerospace workforce development.
Integrated Kits And Wire Harnessing
With a dedicated wire harnessing facility, we can deliver build-to-print assemblies and custom integration kits that meet your installation needs. Providing a one-stop-shop for all electrical and structural components.
- Laser marked harness assemblies
- Single end or multiple breakouts
- No length or breakout limitations
- Formboards, Jigs, Mockups
- 100% Inspected and Tested
- Built to IPC620 standards
- Coaxial, composite, ethernet, data bus cabling
- HDMI, USB, RF, Power
- Electrical-Mech Assemblies
- Integrated trays, control boxes, wired panels
- Comprehensive fabrication
- Equipment racks, doublers, brackets
- Custom Kitting
Machining & Structure Assembly
Aerostar local partners:
- 3 & 5 Axis Machining
- CNC Abrasive Water-Jet
- EDM (Electrical Discharge Machining)
- Welding & Sheetmetal Fabrication
- CMM Inspection
- ISO9001:AS9100 Rev D Certified
Structure Assembly (In-House)
- Simple to Medium complex parts
- Racks, Trays, Panels, Doublers
- Paint and Chemical Conversion
- Masking and Prep
- Prime and Top Coat
Value Added Services
Take advantage of our extensive experience in producing integration kits to help identify and fulfill your specific needs while streamlining your supply chain. We offer valuable insights to manufacturability that can save you time and money in your installation design.
- Fabrication drawing review
- Best practices & cost savings
- Fabrication drawing review
- Alternate parts evaluation
- Laser Wire Marking
- First Article Inspections (FAI)
- 100% Traceability
- Custom kitting, packaging, & labeling
- MIL-SPEC, FAR, DFARS, PMA, FAA and OEM experience
At Connected Aero, Quality is a top priority that is embraced throughout the entire organization. Our quality management system is ISO9001/AS9100D compliant with a commitment to continual improvement, safety, on-time delivery, and customer satisfaction.
Quality and product safety checks are built-in to every process with all assemblies 100% tested and inspected. With a commitment to high standards, all wire harnesses and cable assemblies will meet or exceed IPC/WHA-A-620 and/or BAC5157 standards.
We proudly accept our responsibility to continuously improve our products, services and process efficiencies to ensure we contribute to our customers competitiveness and success.
AS9100D Certification scheduled Q2, 2023
Wire & Cable Harness Capabilities
- Direct or indirect (label/tag) wire and cable marking
- Crimp or Solder sleeve shield terminations
- Contact and connector terminations, both crimp and solder
- Crimp or soldered Coax terminations
- Installation of overbraid, sleeving (heat shrink and expandable), and shrink boots
- Backshell Cable Clamp support installation or grounded shield terminations
- Wire/cable routing, forming, tying (standard spot-tie or zip-tie)
- Formed breakouts and bundle routing
- Terminal Lug and ground contact installation
- Wire splicing, crimp, solder, or solder sleeve
- Continuity verification